Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
Booking and payment:
- Your apartment is booked upon receipt of the booking deposit.
- This prepayment should be made on-line by credit card, PayPal or by telephone.
- Your booking is not confirmed until APBCN apartments receives the pre-payment, and you have received the confirmation email from APBCN apartments
- This confirmation email contains all your booking details such as the address of the office, the apartment, contact details, balance due on arrival, and other arrival and departure instructions.
- On arrival, you must pay the rental balance and we will also block the refundable damage deposit on your credit card. The payment method is described in more detail in your reservation confirmation email.
Cancellation and changes policy:
In case of cancellation, no refund will be made on the pre-payment. However, you will be able to change the dates of your rental period (subject to availability) of the same apartment.
If you cancel with less than 30 days to your arrival, cancellation cost will represent 100% of the reservation.
In force majeure cases when an apartment will not be available, APBCN apartments will offer the client a property of similar characteristics or offer to return the money.
Any cancellation, including force majeure, will be subject to our aforementioned cancellation policy.
As a general rule the apartments are vacated no later than 11:00. We then have them thoroughly cleaned and have them ready for arrivals from 15:00 onwards.
Number of guests: all reservations are made for a specific number of guests over two years old. This number must be specified and confirmed by the client within the booking process, and cannot exceed the maximum capacity of the apartment. For no reason, upon arrival or afterward, the number of guests shall be more than the authorised in the confirmed reservation. Any infringement of this will result in all the guests being asked to vacate the apartment immediately and definitively. The clients shall have no rights to make any claim of compensation whatsoever.
Arrival and check-in:
- Digital access codes: For the apartments in the buildings APBCN Serra on street Carrer d'en Serra and APBCN Eixample Center on Street Roger de Flor, all check-ins are automatic and do not require personal check-in at our office unless you wish to pay in cash. Clients in this building will have an automatic check-in and receive a personal access code that enables them to go straight to their building and enter the apartment starting 3PM on their arrival day. No need to stop by our office if you have your digital access code.
- Metal keys and plastic card keys: All other apartments have plastic or metal keys and clients are requested to pick up their keys at our main office located on street Carrer de València, 32 - 08015 Barcelona (Google maps link: https://goo.gl/maps/BT6zF) near Plaza España in central Barcelona. Nearest metro station is called Tarragona (green metro line L3).
- If you need to store your luggage before the check-in time (15PM) or after the check-out time (11AM), you might be able to deposit your luggage for free in our office.
- At your arrival, a security deposit ranging € 150 - € 500 depending on the apartment will be blocked (not charged) in your credit card. Security deposit is higher if the booking is for a period longer than a month and for young groups. The damage deposit will be blocked upon check-in and it will be automatically unblocked by your bank approximately a week after, provided that the Terms & Conditions and the house rules have been respected. This is a routine procedure in order to ensure that our apartments are correctly taken care of by our guests and that no parties are held in the apartment.
- Late check-in: The apartments in our Eixample Center/Roger building and our Serra building have automatic late check-ins – you can go straight to the apartment. For all other apartments, our check-in machine located on street Valencia 32 enables us to offer late check-ins free of charge for clients who require it. A personalized late check-in can be arranged directly in the apartment upon previous request and must be confirmed by us via email in order to be accepted. The late check-in has an extra fee that goes directly to the check-in agent. Please contact us to know the amount as it depends on the arrival time and staff schedule.
- Transfer service: Avoid cues and save time by booking our transfer service. We offer transfers from/to the airport/port/train station at very reduced prices.
By booking our highly recommend transfer service you will have a professional English speaking driver waiting for you with a sign with your name at the arrivals lounge. The driver will take you from the aiport/port/train station to your apartment via our office to carry out the check-in process (note: if your flight arrives before 13:00, it only takes you to our office).
Late check-in: If you arrive after office hours, the driver will also provide check-in assistance by the check-in machine.
We use luxury minivans, luggage and baby seats included. Please make sure to provide the age of the children/babies if you require a child/infant car seat. Our transfer service can be booked upon making your reservation, by calling us or by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: If your flight arrives before 1PM, it only takes you to our office where you can leave your bags until the check-in time 3PM. Transfer requests must be made at least two days before arrival and confirmed by us via email in order to be valid.
Departure and check-out:
The check-out time on your departure date is no later than 11:00 AM. If you need to leave earlier, please contact our office.
Please remember that the apartment is conceded in normal conditions of cleanliness.
On check-out all clients are required to leave the keys on the table in the apartment, throw all the rubbish in the garbage containers on the street.
House rules and conduct in apartments:
Following you will find certain house rules that pertain to the apartment and the community it belongs to. Please look at the house rules thoroughly in order to avoid problems. Our main objective is for you to have a good experience in Barcelona. The apartment may not be used as a party space, but that of an accommodation for sleeping, eating, relaxing, etc.
Monday to Thursday 9PM to 9AM
Friday to Sunday 10PM to 10AM
The terraces may not be used at all after 10PM in order to respect the neighbour’s rest.
- Please don’t throw cigarette butts down into the street, patios or the neighbours’ balconies. Smoking is not allowed in the apartment.
- Loud music and parties are strictly prohibited. Please respect our neighbours. If we receive complaints and we will be obliged to call the police you may be immediately removed from the apartment regardless of the time, day or night and you will also lose the damage deposit entirely.
- Please turn off lights when you go out of the apartment. We would like to conserve energy and try to keep prices low.
- Please do not leave the garbage in the apartment when you check out. You can leave it on the garbage containers on the street every night, and specially your last night, between 8 PM and 10 PM, for the sanitation department to collect.
- Check out on your departure date is no later than 11 AM. If you need to leave earlier, please arrange departure time on check in.
- The price charged for cleaning expenses covers general cleaning of the apartment, but does not cover the cleaning of kitchen ware (dishes, glassware, cutlery, pots and pans, etc.). The aforementioned articles should be left as clean as they were found upon entering the apartment. In the event that the owner should have to clean any of these objects the cleaning expenses will increase.
Guests in a APBCN apartments apartment should be aware that if loud music is played, or a party is held, and the neighbours complain and/or police are called, you may be immediately removed from the apartment regardless of the time, day or night.
- Noise regulations and respect for other residents - respect the Quiet Hours (see above). We appreciate your full cooperation in this matter and we hope you understand that these rules are necessary as our apartments are located in residential buildings with people that have to get up early and go to work. Any complaints from neighbours can lead to you having to leave the apartment immediately.
- The client agrees to behave responsibly and correctly on behalf of their accompanying party as well as themselves. If this person, or any of the accompanying party behaves in an unsuitable and incorrect manner, APBCN apartments reserves the right to ask the person and their accompanying party to leave the apartment. Furthermore, from that moment on they will have no right to future claims or any form of compensation. Finally, the client will lose all payments made including the apartment rental and the deposit.
- May we remind you that on booking an apartment with APBCN apartments you automatically accept our Terms and Conditions, which we expect you to comply with. You may also have to sign these Terms and Conditions at check-in on the day of your arrival.
- We ask your cooperation to maintain the apartment in good conditions.
- If you have a late flight at departure, please tell us in advance. In some cases you can stay in the apartment until any time if we do not have any other customer checking in the same day. If not, we recommend you to use our luggage deposit service.
- In case anything is broken or damage (due to your stay or previous stays) we need a reasonable time to fix the issue depending on urgency/availability ranging from 1-24 hours if the issue can be easily fixed by us. If we need additional help from an external technician this time might be extended.
- Bicycles, skateboards and other vehicles are not allowed anywhere in the building and it is also forbidden to take them up to the apartment. Please contact us for information about safe bike storage in Barcelona.
- In case of force majeure (fire, flooding, theft, war, riots, hurricane, lightning, strikes, lockouts, prolonged shortage of energy or water supplies, etc.) APBCN apartments reserve the right to change the apartment reserved by the client for another available apartment.
- APBCN apartments cannot be held responsible for damages caused by force majeure at any occasion.
- No refunds will be given in case of subjective perceptions about the city, the area or the general appearance of the apartment or any matter that is not in direct control of the property.